In Tune With The Holy Ghost FHE pdf
Here's the lesson plan so you can see what you're getting before downloading the pdf file.
In Tune With the Holy Ghost
To help family members understand:
- What a wonderful gift the Holy Ghost is
- The importance of living worthy so we are in tune with the promptings of the Holy Ghost
- A radio
- Paper plate shakers - put beans in the middle of a paper plate, fold the plate in half and staple around the edges.
- Wordstrips, cut apart, for older children and teens, included in pdf file
- Story, “Saved From Death”, included in PDF files
- "The Still Small Voice", Children's Songbook page 106
- "Let the Holy Spirit Guide", hymn #143
- Prior to the lesson, tune the radio so it picks up only static.
- Begin by telling your family to imagine that there is a serious disaster in the community and they need to get important information from the radio.
- Turn on the radio and allow them to listen to the static.
- Ask, "Why can't we hear anything?" (It's not tuned in to any station)
- Ask a family member to tune the radio to a station.
- Explain that the gift of the Holy Ghost is very much like a radio. Heavenly Father has given us this gift to give us important direction and guidance in our lives. When the Holy Ghost is trying to communicate to us we cannot hear it unless we are in tune.
- Ask, "What things can we do to keep our lives in tune with the Holy Ghost?" (Prayer, scripture study, fasting, church attendance, service)
- What are some things you can think of that will keep us from listening to or feeling the Spirit? (Answers will vary – fighting with our siblings, listening to bad music, watching bad movies, disobeying our parents, etc)
- For older children and teens: write and post the following wordstrips: ABIDE WITH YOU, TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH, WITNESS TO YOU, SHOW YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD DO, BEAR RECORD OF THE FATHER AND JESUS CHRIST, and HELP YOU KNOW THE TRUTH OF ALL THINGS. Have the children locate and read aloud these scriptures: John 14:16–17; John 14:26; John 16:13; Heb. 10:15; 2 Ne. 32:5; 3 Ne. 28:11; Moro. 10:5. Ask them to match the scripture with the wordstrip describing how the Holy Ghost can help them. Read 1 Cor. 3:16–17. Challenge the children to choose the right and keep their bodies clean so they will be worthy to have the influence of the Holy Ghost.
- Share the story “Saved From Death”
- Testify that the Holy Ghost is a wonderful gift and it is important to live worthy of His guidance.