A Thanks & Giving Countdown

T&G 01
Sometimes children just need a little help in thinking of what they are thankful for and what they can do to serve others around them. I created this Thanks & Giving Countdown to help even the littlest ones. Please keep in mind because this was made for younger children the things to be thankful for are simple like colors, bubbles, hugs, bedtime stories and toys. Each suggestion has an illustration from an old children's book.
T&G 02

Print out the Thanks & Giving suggestions, cut them out, and place in a bowl or jar. To make it easier for little fingers to choose just one, roll each into a scroll with a ribbon. Every day choose an idea and read something you can be thankful for as well as a way to be of service to others. Some suggestions are merely to write a list. This is a type of service to yourself to remind you of all the wonderful blessings you have received.
T&G 03

I realize this is a bit late but you can start at any time! There are more suggestions than days leading up to Thanksgiving. Choose which ones will benefit your family the most and save the rest to use for next year.

Download here: A Thanks & Giving Countdown {If the pdf doesn't automatically open, click on the download button at the top of that page to download the file}

10 comments :

  1. I love this idea. Can't wait to share with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though thanksgiving is done here in Canada, I still will be using this! What a great thing for kids to always count their blessings! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! My girls will love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I painted thanks and giving trees on our glass doors leading to our patio out back. We write on fabric leaves I found at the Dollar Tree and when the sun shines through the leaves it looks fabulous. The kids love it and it really ties them to the meaning of this upcoming holiday. Why is that important? Because their daddy has already started Christmas decorating, in fact we "argue" daily because I won't let him put up the Christmas trees. I like Thanksgiving and all of its crisp autumn wonderfulness (we live in Phoenix and are grateful that fall weather means 85 degrees) so I want to give it its moment. So thank you for a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On a side note, this is our hardest time of year for homeschooling. The weather is just too perfect to have them not playing out in it.

      Delete
  5. Thank you! These are great. I love the lessons and the charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I've been having a hard time helping my 3 year old understand the feeling of gratitude. The things that make sense to me just don't quite make sense in his brain. I think this will really help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! Thank you so much for sharing them, I can't wait to use them with my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much. These are wonderful for all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done. ☺ There, don't you feel better?

Please leave a comment! I enjoy hearing your thoughts, whether you agree with me or not. If we all agreed on everything how boring would that be? Worse than eating white chocolate, because it's fake. So be real, be yourself.